Tuesday, July 24, 2012

My First Linky Party

I am so excited to be participating in a linky party hosted by Amy Lemons!


 Here are some things that make me...ME!!

1.  I am the only child of my parents!  I have to say that being an only child growing up was one of the best things of my life.  It was lonely at times, but it also helped me to have a great relationship with both my mother and father!
my dad and mom

2.  I met my wonderful husband, Marc, in September 2003, and we were married on April 10, 2004!  Talk about a whirlwind relationship!!  But I wouldn't have traded it for the world!

This is us in 2008 (couldn't find a wedding pic on our computer!)

3.  On April 28, 2009, I had the most precious gift ever...our beautiful daughter Marciana Grace!



4.  Marc and I are HUGE LSU Tiger and New Orleans SAINTS fans!  We absolutely LOVE football!!






my sis-in-law Dana at one of our tailgate parties!

5.  I'm also an Army Wife!  Marc is a Sergeant First Class in the Louisiana Army National Guard.  In our 8 years of marriage, he has been on two one-year deployments to Iraq.



6.  My all-time favorite drink is Diet Coke!  I have to have at least one a day!  I know it's bad for you, but I do not drink coffee.  My morning drink preference is green tea!


7.  I'm a Real Housewives junkie!  My favorite is Real Houswives of New Jersey!  I'm also addicted to Army Wives on Lifetime!


8.  I was born in Charleston, South Carolina, but was raised in New Orleans, Louisiana.  Marc and I moved to Baton Rouge, where we currently reside, in August 2005 right after Hurricane Katrina hit. 


9.  I LOVE teaching and creating new things for my classroom!









7 comments:

  1. It is nice to meet you. Your little girl is precious. I am a Diet Coke gal too! I am happy to be your newest follower. I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather! I'm now following you too!! :)

      Delete
  2. So great to learn more about you! Your daughter is too precious! Welcome to the blogging world! Looking forward to sharing ideas :)

    -Krista
    The Second Grade Superkids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Krista! I'm now following you! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi! found you on the linky at Amy's! I teach 2nd grade in Georgia and am now a follower. Hope you will check out my blog when you get a chance. :)

    Teresa

    2nd Grade Pig Pen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs. Lua,

    You are a wonderful teacher! I've learned a lot from our second grade. I hope you have a wonderful summer.

    From:

    Matthew L. 6/2013

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Matthew!! You are a wonderful student! I hope you are enjoying your summer! I'll see you at LVE in a few weeks!! :)

      Delete